Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 25 - blog Challenge



today is Day 25. 

25.          Write about a day in the life of your pet.

I do not have a pet, but I did. I had two really adorable gerbils.  Their names were O’patchy and kinder.  They passed away about 2-3 years ago.  I miss them a lot.  Kinder outlived Patches.  Kinder got a chance to get comfy with us.  I was able to lay in the spare room and she would walk on me and crawl on me.  She was too adorable and I loved them both very much.  But because they are no longer with me, I am unable to do this post.  So what I will do is write about how amazing this babies were to me.
When we first got them, I was really indecisive if I wanted a gerbil or a guinea pig.  But I decided on the gerbils because they are sooooo fricken cute.  So when I first went to the store I saw O’patchy (AKA Patches)  I saw her and just loved her!  She had a chunk of skin missing on the top of her head.  It broke my heart. Her little ear was bit as well.  I asked the lady what had happened.  I guess she had some siblings picking on her, so they separated them.  After that, I said she is mine! I will take her and love her always.  So we got her.  I help her and said “oh, patchy”  So we named her O’patchy.  But we later just called her patches. 
The next couple of days, I said that it is odd that she is always in a ball in the corner of the tank.  She had everything in there that she needed, just didn’t seem happy.  So I told my boyfriend, maybe Patches needs a friend or a sister to play with.  He said let’s get her one.  So we went back and looked at the gerbils.  I saw one white one and said, that’s her.  We will take her.  My boyfriend loves kinder surprise, and she was white, like the white chocolate, so we named her Kinder.  She was super soft too.
We were told that in order for them to get along, you need to separate them in a tank with a piece of glass.  They will huddle together for the heat, and then in time, take the glass away.  They will playful fight (at first I thought they were killing each other, but it was harmless).  After that, they were best of friends. We got a cage for them to run loose in the spare room and they loved it.  We spoiled them rotten. 
One day Patches wasn’t doing so good.  My boyfriend said he was taking her to the vet to find out what is going on.  We found out she was hurting inside and that she wasn’t going to make it.  For them to be given treatment is so hard because they are so tiny and any injections they need takes a toll on their small bodies.  Unfortunately Patches didn’t make it.  I remember coming home and my boyfriend and daughter were on the couch.  He looked at me and I just knew she didn’t make it. I cried for a week missing my baby girl.  And worse, I was heartbroken for Kinder that she wasn’t going to be able to understand where Patches had gone.  After that, I told myself, I will make Kinder’s day amazing everyday.  Everyday I would take her out of her tank to walk in the room and roam.  To have fun and play.  One time, she escaped and made it to the living room. I saw my boyfriend taking to a friend, and the door was open.  I pushed them both outside (in the middle of winter) in just t-shirt and pants and closed the door till we got her back in the cage. Ha ha.  I was not going to risk it. Ha ha
Kinder was doing really great, but with time she was slowing down.  I told my boyfriend it was odd, because she loved going out of the tank.  We took her to the vet, because she would scratch her little ear and it would bleed.  We thought maybe it was an infection, but we were told sadly our little baby had a tumor L  I couldn’t believe it.  We looked it up, and apparently it is common for gerbils to get tumors .  And what was worse, is she was scratching her little ears because of the tumor.  I didn’t know what to do.  We decided we would give her everything and anything till she passed away.  She was doing better, then it got worse again.  We took her to the vet and they let us know they can operate, but with putting her to sleep, it will really really harm her because she is so small.  They told me her other choice was to put her to sleep. I couldn’t believe it.  They wanted to put my little baby to sleep. I was heart broken. They gave us a minute and we decided we couldn’t let her suffer anymore.  She was in my daughters hands, and she wouldn’t stop squirming.  She didn’t want to be held.  So I opened my hand and she walked into my hands and just laid there. I petted her and she looked at me and snuggled into my hands.  I couldn’t stop crying at this point.  I told her I loved her and kissed her soft fur and gave her to the vet. 
My heart was broken.  I had lost both my beautiful little babies.  They were now able to play together forever.




Hoydia es dia 25

25. escribir sobre un día en la vida de su mascota.

No tengo una mascota, pero tenia. Tuve dos jerbos realmente adorables. Sus nombres eran O'patchy y Kinder. Fallecieron hace unos 2-3 años. Los extraño mucho. Kinder sobrevivió a Patches. Kinder tuve la oportunidad de Ponte cómodo con nosotros. Era capaz de poner en el cuarto y ella caminaba conmigo y arrastrarse sobre mí. Ella era muy adorable y los dos amaba mucho. Pero porque ya no están conmigo, soy incapaz de hacer este post. ¿Qué voy a hacer es escribir sobre lo increíble este bebés eran para mí.

Cuando les llegó, estaba muy indeciso si quería que fuera un jerbo o una ratite. Pero me decidí por lo jerbo porque son tan lindo. Así que cuando fui por primera vez a la tienda vi a O'patchy (Patches) vi y le encantó! Ella tenía un trozo de piel que falta en la parte superior de su cabeza. Me rompió el corazón. Su oreja era un poco así. Le pregunté a la señora lo que había sucedido. Supongo que tenía algunos hermanos recogiendo en ella, así que les separaban. Después de eso, he dicho que ella es mía! Lo lleve y amarla siempre. Así que la tenemos. Me ayude y le dije "oh, desigual" así que pusimos el nombre de su O'patchy. Pero más tarde llamamos Patches.
Los próximos días, dije que es extraño que siempre está en una bola en la esquina del tanque. Todo lo tenía que ella necesitaba, simplemente no parece feliz. Entonces le dije a mi novio, tal vez parches necesita un amigo o una hermana para jugar con. Dijo que a uno. Así que volví y consultaron los Jerbos. Vi uno blanco uno y dijo: es ella. Mi novio ama kinder sorpresa, y era blanco, como el chocolate blanco, así que pusimos el nombre de su Kinder. Ella también era super suave.

Nos dijeron que a fin de que se lleven bien, tienes que separarlos en un tanque con un pedazo de vidrio. Ellos todos juntos por el calor y luego en el tiempo, quitar el vidrio. Lo harán pelea juguetón (al principio pensé que estaban matando unos a otros, pero era inofensivo). Después de eso, eran mejores amigos. Tenemos una jaula para que corran en el cuarto y les encantó. Les hemos estropeado podrido.
 
Un día Patches no estaba haciendo muy bien. Mi novio dice que le tomaba al veterinario para averiguar qué está pasando. Descubrimos que estaba sufriendo dentro y que no iba a hacerlo. Para que ellos reciban un tratamiento es muy difíciles porque son tan pequeños y cualquier inyecciones necesitan pasa factura en sus pequeños cuerpos. Desafortunadamente Patches no lo logró. Me acuerdo de volver a casa y mi novio y mi hija estaban en el sofá. Él me miró y sabía que no lo logró. Lloré durante una semana perdiendo a mi niña. Y peor aún, me partió el corazón de Kinder que ella no iba a ser capaz de entender dónde habían Patches. Después de eso, me dije, que voy a hacer día de Kinder increíble todos los días. Todos los días llevaría fuera de su tanque a caminar en la sala y vagar. Para divertirse y jugar. Una vez, ella se escapó y llegó a la sala de estar. Vi a mi novio a un amigo, y la puerta estaba abierta. Me empujó a ambos afuera (en pleno invierno) camiseta y pantalones y cerró la puerta hasta que hemos recuperado en la jaula. Je je. No iba a correr el riesgo. Je je
Kinder estaba yendo muy bien, pero con el tiempo fue desacelerando. Le dije a mi novio que era extraño, porque quería salir del tanque. La llevamos al veterinario, porque ella podría rayar su oreja y le haría sangrar. Pensamos que era una infección, pero nos dijeron que lamentablemente nuestro bebé tenía un tumor A no lo podía creer. Lo miramos hacia arriba, y al parecer es común para jerbos a tumores. Y lo que es peor, ella estaba rascando sus orejitas por el tumor. No sabía qué hacer. Decidimos que daríamos todo y nada hasta que ella falleció. Ella estaba haciendo mejor, y luego se puso peor otra vez. La llevamos al veterinario y nos dejan pueden operar, pero con poner a dormir, realmente perjudicará la porque es muy pequeña. Me dijeron que su otra opción era ponerla a dormir. No podía creerlo. Querían poner a mi bebé a dormir. Tenía el corazón roto. Nos dieron un minuto y decidimos que no podíamos dejarla sufrir más. Ella estaba en las manos de mis hijas, y no paraba de moverse. Ella no quería que le tocara. Así que abrí mi mano y ella entró en mis manos y sólo puesto allí. Le había acariciado y ella me miró y se acurrucó en mis manos. No podía parar de llorar en este momento. Le dije que la amaba, besó a su piel suave y le dio al veterinario.
Mi corazón estaba roto. Había perdido a ambos mis hermosos bebés. Ahora eran capaces de jugar juntos por siempre.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments. I'm not shy, why should you be :)