Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday and relationships.

Well, it is Saturday afternoon and I am sitting here eating toasted bread with tea. Watching Judging Amy and my daughter is upstairs cleaning her room. Even if it takes her 3 hours to do it, she is cleaning it. Then we are cleaning bathrooms and the living room. What an awesome time to clean house and relax. Later on going to Cristina's place to watch chick flicks. Life is good. Got another Christmas card yesterday. I love Christmas cards.
So on another note. I was asked to bring a topic up for discussion on my blog. What are people's opinon on people in relationships staying friends with people that are single of the opposite sex?
Me, I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 7 years. We know and love each other very much. We understand each other on many levels. I would raise questions if my spouse was hanging out with random women that he never did talk to before our 7 years...just as I would think he would ask questions if I started hanging out with guys that I just met.
If I had a single friend that is a male or female, at this rate, I know my boyfriend would know about them and me as well. My brother has alot of friends, both male and females. He is in a relationship and his girlfriend knows that some of those friends are girls and that isn't going to stop him from hanging out with any of his friends, no matter thier gender. That is my opinoin.... what is yours?

- Claudia


Bueno, es sábado por la tarde y estoy sentado aquí comiendo pan tostado con té. Viendo un programa que se llama "Judging Amy" y mi hija está arriba, limpiendo su cuarto. Incluso si toma 3 horas hacendlo, lo va limpiar. Despues vama limpiar los baños y la sala de estar. ¡Qué impresionante tiempo de limpiar la casa y relajarse. Más tarde, va a colocar de Cristina para ver películas. La vida es buena. Recibi unas tarjeta de Navidad ayer. Me encanta tarjetas de Navidad. Así que en otra nota, una amiga queria saber si pedia poner una discusion en mi blog. ¿Cuáles son opinon de la gente sobre las personas en relaciones permanecer amigos con las personas que son solteros del sexo opuesto? Yo, que he estado en una relación con mi novio durante 7 años. Conocemos y amamos mucho. Nos entendemos en muchos niveles. Me gustaría plantear preguntas si mi esposo estaba saliendo con mujeres al azar que nunca lo hizo antes de hablar con nuestros 7 años ... igual que yo creo que lo preguntas si empecé a salir con chicos que me acaba de conocer. Si yo tuviera un solo amigo que es un hombre o mujer, a este ritmo, sé que mi novio se sabe acerca de ellos y yo también. Mi hermano tiene un montón de amigos, tanto hombres como mujeres. Él está en una relación y su novia sabe que algunos de esos amigos son niñas y que no va a impedir que salir con alguno de sus amigos, sin importar su género. Esa es mi opinoin .... lo que es tuyo?

- Claudia

1 comment:

  1. I think there's nothing wrong with having friends of the opposite sex when you're in a relationship, whether they are old friends or new. It requires trust and a healthy self esteem to be not be threatened by this and if you have an attack of paranoia, wondering if everyone's intentions are truly what they seem, it's important to talk about it openly and ensure that we have boundaries with our friends (both people in the relationship) and we are self aware enough to recognize when we've crossed those boundaries (leading to things like jealousy or emotional/physical infidelity).

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments. I'm not shy, why should you be :)